The Quails in Central America: October update
Here’s the latest update from the Quail family, our mission partners in Central America. You can watch their October update video below, or read a quick update and some prayer points below the video.
The Quails have been in Costa Rica since April, learning Spanish before heading to Nicaragua early next year to work with the Christian charity Engineering Ministries International (EMI).
This month, the Quails are giving thanks for:
- continuing to enjoy Spanish classes with great classmates and teachers
- God being with them and sustaining them during a difficult time
- the support of family and friends in Costa Rica and in other countries
- a successful meeting with immigration and the resolution to a potential visa renewal issue
- Costa Rica being removed from the UK Government’s red list so that family are able to visit them at Christmas
There are also a few things that they’d like us to pray for.
- Complete healing and restoration in Chloe’s leg, after she broke it recently.
- Their Spanish learning, as they complete the last couple of months in language school.
- Wisdom as they begin to make decisions about where they will live and where the children will go to school when they arrive in Costa Rica.
- Peace and recovery in Nicaragua as COVID cases increase and elections take place on 7 November.
- Provision of the extra funding they still need to raise to cover their living costs.
You can read more about what they’ve been up to and what they need us to pray for in their latest newsletter on their website.
If you want to donate to the Quails to help with their funding, you can do that at the ‘support raising’ page on their website.
We have a prayer support group for the Quails at St Paul’s which meets regularly to pray for them, and sometimes speaks to them online. If you want to join this group, get in touch with Rev April or Andrew Walters.